Witch Hazel : My summer best friend
I have extremely oily skin so summer means trouble. Summer means rash and breakouts and blackheads and shiny sticky face and what not. Seriously, I hate all you girls with dry to normal skin so much lol
Anyways ever since I started using witch hazel two summers ago, all those problems has reduced considerably. I'll credit online beauty bloggers for this. From youtuber to random blogggers everyone had been raving about witch hazel so much that made me finally get one and trust me they were not wrong. You can search the net and see for yourself.
- It is just a miracle all-rounder product that can take care off all my summer related problems. First of all its universally used as a toner for oily to combination skin. It has astringent properties which can control oil for hours, atleast no other toner (even those made for oily skin) could did this. And all these without drying my skin out, as it doesn't contain any alcohol.
- Next, it is also a natural antiseptic and antibacterial, infact this is the original function of witch hazel, as an alternate natural medication. Therefore for skin it means prevention of the rash and breakouts during the dreaded summertime. Ever since I started using witch hazel, all these problems have significantly reduced.
- Even when I do get a pimple or two, witch hazel helps too. It can shrink swollen tissue thus very quickly takes care of the pimple without leaving marks or anything.
- Same way witch hazel can reduce any puffyness including puffy eyes. It also reduces the appearance of varicose veins so if you have dark undereye circles (which is basically your skin thinning out showing the veins underneath), try this regularly for good result.
- Finally its healing ability. Put some in your bruised skin to stop the bleeding. It also helps to heal/fade old scar & marks or any kind of skin problem. For example, if your skin is having some kind of allergic reaction (I am allergic to metal!!) using witch hazel will stop the burning and itching at once. Therefore it is also a great remedy to sunburn.
- I dont have acne but people with acne uses it regularly helps a lot.