Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 45 Review: IT'S BREAKING ME OUT!!!!

Okay its official. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 45 is breaking me out...I have been using it for last two months, on and off, and it has been breaking me out. Everytime!!!

Now I have extremely oily skin and a lot of things break me out. But it also recovers pretty well. So I wasn't bothered at first. And I wasn't sure that it is the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock not any other product that was the culprit. Hence begin the process of elimination...

But no matter what product I use, facial cleanser or oil cleansing, different moisturizers, toners, primers, foundations,  MoM or no MoM or whatever, my skin still broke out...small and large pimples on my forehead and chin its annoying.

So yesterday and today I skipped everything, no moisturizer, toners, primer or make and tonight while cleansing my face guess what I see? Surprise surprise...angry looking break outs. They look like cystic acne...only I never have had cystic acne...some lone pimples maybe but never acne (except for everytime I use this stupid sunblock)

So I did an oil cleansing with steam and everything and put on a Body Shop Tea Tree Mask (omg its so awesome) and the breakouts now are almost gone (that is how I know it is not technically acne just some skin irritation maybe). But enough experimenting. I am through with Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, going to use the rest (more than 70% left i suppose) on my hands and feet or something...

I also did some research and guess what, I am not the only freaking one...a lot of reviewers had similar problem with the product...wish I read these before I went and got this sunblock (for 950 taka nevertheless).

It just had me at "dry-touch" :(

Which is no joke! My extremely oily skin turns sticky within minutes of coming in contact with any sunblock. Even with MoM as a primer. This one also made me oily and sticky but it was less than any other sunblock I have ever used. And since it was winter season and all, my skin was a lot less sticky and I was looking forward to use the whole thing before summer. Have some quality time in sun. Like that's ever gonna happen now...

Why am I so fussy about sunscreen? Because I get tanned pretty easily. Because believe it or now, sun rays cause my facial skins to irritate, it turns all red and I can feel it burning, even when I am no longer under the sun. So yes, it is very important to me. And even if my skin wasn't extra sensitive to sun, it would still be important, just because you dont feel anything doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Sunlights causes long last and sometimes irreversible skin damage. Period.

So anyway I also did some more research and came up with a list of most recommended sunscreens for extremely oily skin. Now none of them are available here in Bangladesh so I will probably have to import them, which I will, its that important. These are all drugstore products, I am going to get and try one at a time until I can find the perfect one...if none of them works, I'll go for higher end ones. So anyway here is the list
  •  Peter Thomas Roth - Uberdry
  • Coppertone Sport SPF 50 for Faces
  • Vanicream - Sunscreen Sport SPF 35
  • Eucerin Daily Protection Moisture Lotion
  • Estion Sunscreen with Zinc SPF 38
  • Burt's Bees Royal Jelly Eye Cream
  • L'Oréal Paris Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen for Face SPF 50

All of them are between USD 5-20 except for Uberdry but it has so many good reviews that I will just have to try it...if you know of any other sunscreen that might do the job, please let me know, I will highly appreciate it. Also, if you have used any of the above mentioned sunblock and are happy (or vice verse) about it, do let me know as well.

Finally, wherever you are, use a sunscreen. Always use a sunscreen.
Visit facebook fore more comments Justifying Shopaholism

0 comments: