Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Castor Oil. What sorcery is this?!?!

I have already posted this in longhaircommunity, mostly due to the fact that it was them who convinced me to give it a try…First of all let me just start by saying, this is an 100% true story. I do not produce castor oil. I do not sell castor oil. I am in no way affiliated with castor oil….but I am baffled, telling ya’ll, I am baffled by castor oil. You all will be too, just wait. And use it.


I had been reading raves about castor oil since, forever. It has vitamin E (Link). It has other skin and hair benefits. (Link). It can help with dandruff (Link). It can repair damage (Link).  It can make hair grow at balding spots (Link). The good people in MakeUPAlley are even putting in on face and eyelashes (as well as here). (Link) It is known to make your hair grow faster (link)…if you are a regular at any hair care based community you know that they are always running some challenges. Go natural for 5 weeks, wear your hair down for 6 weeks, use honey for 8 weeks, use castor oil for 11 weeks. The last one was the challenge that I took, I mean I was skeptical about its having supposedly “growth super-power” but it’s a chemical free vegetable oil right so what is the worst thing could it do?

I have never been so wrong! In a good way! 



So I had been using this oil for like 2 weeks or so. It is extremely heavy so I had to mix it with some other lighter oil, like almond, warm it (broil, not burn) and massage onto my scalp once or twice a day. It was extremely conditioning but that’s about all. All that I had noticed I mean.

Then came the day I discovered my bangs were out of place!
Now I have heavy layered side swept bangs. Anyone with bangs knows how annoying it is maintain them. Regular. Regular. Trim. A week late and they are out of place. All over the place. You can barely see through your eyes ( caution: don’t drive like that). So I know my schedule. I know it by my heart. I visit a beauty slaoon every two months to get my bangs reshaped. Every two months. But this time, it was barely a month and my bangs were covering my eyes.

WHAT SORCERY IS THAT?!!!!!!

Seriously it could have been a fluke. I could very well be imagining that. Maybe my hair dresser didn’t trimmed my bangs as much as she usually does.  So I made a post about that (and everyone congratulated me and assured me I was not hallucinating) in the forum and went on to normal hair care…I have been using castor oil on and off since. But now I can tell for sure, it helps my hair to grow faster.  I had a volume layered cut on the back (big mistake, maybe girls with straight hair can pull that off but it made my hair curly on the top layers wavy on the bottom layers and was a total mess). The most annoying thing was, I couldn’t do a low pony tail or braid. There were layers right above my nape which will not stay put. Really annoying when you are trying to work and you have hair all over your face. But now, look how they have grown. Well bellow nape.  I can totally put them on a ponytail or braid if I may and they will stay put without any bobby pins.

My verdict: True Story. Castor oil works!
So maybe I’m imaging things but there is something real here. I am not making this all up. 
Double check those links I posted earlier, you will see for yourself. 

Do a google search on “castor oil and hair growth” and see for yourself. All these people can not be wrong. 

Or read about these challenges here

As well as check these videos out

Finally, to demonstrate, I will be sharing two pics. One was taken in 5th of May, just after I got my hair cut and the other was taken a week or two ago. Just to show how much my hair has grown. Not the most convenient angles I know but these are all I have got. Trust me, I know my hair and I know its growth pattern I am telling you it has grown more than normal. Abnormal. Oh castor oil. What is thou?


So even though it is a pain in the a$$ I will be continuing to use castor oil atleast once a week to see how long my hair can grow. And if you are trying to grow your hair longer I seriously suggest you to do the same. Let me know how it goes :)

Visit facebook fore more comments Justifying Shopaholism

2 comments:

  1. First of all I ωoulԁ liκe to
    say greаt blog! I had а quiсk question thаt Ι'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there. I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or tips? Thank you!
    Also visit my web blog transitioningveteran.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) lol I dont know i am always bad at multitasking so i dont really need to clear my head or anything when i start to blog about something..all my attention are already there :)

      Delete