Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, December 21, 2012

Oil Cleansing Method: Update

So I have been using oil cleansing method almost everyday these past week and time for an update. A very important update.


Before I start, I should mention some of skin-problems I always experience
  • I have extremely oily skin, which is why I get a lot of blackheads. On my nose and sometimes around my nose too. Even the strips can never take all of them off and I don’t particularly like the idea of applying something adhesive on my nose region anyway. I have also tried various blackhead clearing face wash and exfoliators and peeling mask to no avail.  

( I am not saying they dont work, but they work far better on my sister's face than mine. Besides you can not or or should not use them more than once per week.)

  • I also have really flaky skin, its always peeling. Sometimes when I massage moisturizer dry cells comes from places. It’s a huge problem, specially if I’m applying any kind of foundation or tinted moisturizer.
  • I do not have smooth skin. There are always white heads, bumps and other purity on my chin and forehead.
  • Mild exfoliator can not take off the dry skin, blackheads and other impurity from my extremely oil skin. Strong exfoliator, however, gives me rash and the redness and burning sensation stays on forever.


(Mild vs strong exfoliator)

  • While oil-control face washes works best on my skin, I tend not to use them during winter and all the other cream based face wash makes me oily and breaks my skin out more or less.
Now, here is the update, this one week, I have not had any of these problems. I have smoother skin, no blackheads, no dry patch, no breakouts, no rash, no need for hardcore exfoliation, moisturizers and masks are working better omg I am so happy I found it.

And I am not even doing much…continuing my normal skin care routine. Just every alternative night I would just take 70:30 ratio of olive oil/ almond oil: castor oil (click here for details) and massage them all over my face for thirty minutes( preferably while I am watching TV) and then washing it off with a mild cleanser (right now its clinique anti-blemish solution cleansing bar) and proceed with serum/moisturizer etc.

And once a week I am doing this 
  1. massage oil-blend for 15 minutes
  2. Steam your face for 5-10 minutes
  3. massage again for 5-10 minutes.
  4. Use a mild exfoliator/scrub (really small beads) and lightly exfoliate for 1-2 minutes
  5. Wash off the oil and exfoliator resdiue with a mild cleanser
  6. Use a purifying mask( for example, Body Shop Ionic claymask)
  7. Wash off the mask with warm water
  8. Proceed with serum/moisturizer.
Best facial ever. Without the painful exfoliation and everything. When I do this at night, I wake up with the softest, brightest, most-problem free skin ever. I am making a point to do this before I'd wear foundation or something so that I can start with a perfect surface...wrote about it previously here.

I am not making this up…just do a search on oil cleansing method and read about the experience of people who have been doing this regularly.

I so happy I found this. Imagine all the money and time I would have otherwise spent buying and trying products after products. Right now, I don’t even feel any need to go for a pro-spa-facial for anything. 

Seriously, everyone, I really really really insist, give OCM a try, you and your skin will  be just as happy!
Visit facebook fore more comments Justifying Shopaholism

0 comments: