Oil Cleansing Method: Update
- I have extremely oily skin, which is why I get a lot of blackheads. On my nose and sometimes around my nose too. Even the strips can never take all of them off and I don’t particularly like the idea of applying something adhesive on my nose region anyway. I have also tried various blackhead clearing face wash and exfoliators and peeling mask to no avail.
- I also have really flaky skin, its always peeling. Sometimes when I massage moisturizer dry cells comes from places. It’s a huge problem, specially if I’m applying any kind of foundation or tinted moisturizer.
- I do not have smooth skin. There are always white heads, bumps and other purity on my chin and forehead.
- Mild exfoliator can not take off the dry skin, blackheads and other impurity from my extremely oil skin. Strong exfoliator, however, gives me rash and the redness and burning sensation stays on forever.
- While oil-control face washes works best on my skin, I tend not to use them during winter and all the other cream based face wash makes me oily and breaks my skin out more or less.
And once a week I am doing this
- massage oil-blend for 15 minutes
- Steam your face for 5-10 minutes
- massage again for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a mild exfoliator/scrub (really small beads) and lightly exfoliate for 1-2 minutes
- Wash off the oil and exfoliator resdiue with a mild cleanser
- Use a purifying mask( for example, Body Shop Ionic claymask)
- Wash off the mask with warm water
- Proceed with serum/moisturizer.
I am not making this up…just do a search on oil cleansing method and read about the experience of people who have been doing this regularly.
I so happy I found this. Imagine all the money and time I would have otherwise spent buying and trying products after products. Right now, I don’t even feel any need to go for a pro-spa-facial for anything.
Seriously, everyone, I really really really insist, give OCM a try, you and your skin will be just as happy!