100% natural home remedy for dandruff problem: Apple Cider Vinegar
Now I am scared to death of anti-dandruff shampoos. Even the so-called natural ones have really strong chemicals which instead of solving the problem can cause even more problem including dry hair, less shine, damaging the outer layer of the hair, weakening roots and finally hair fall. Almost everyone I know experienced more hair fall than normal with any dandruff shampoo. So as usual, I have been looking for a natural remedy.
I tried hot oil treatments, I tried lemon juice I tried a number of other things and while all of them did help with the dandruff problem to some extent, nothing produce better result than apple cider vinegar.
Now, I love apple cider vinegar, it is my most favorite toner in the world. I wrote a post about it, you can read it here
It also does wonder for dandruff. It is a pretty simple remedy too.
- Just take one part apple cider vinegar and one part water, for example half cup apple cider vinegar and half cup water and put it in a spray bottle.
- Now, after you shampoo and before you condition, apply the spray on your scalp. Make sure not to get any into your eyes, it is going to burn like hell.
- So after you shampoo as usual, spray that equal mixture of apple cider vinegar all over your head so that they can get into your scalp. Do not wash it off. Now, put conditioner over the freshly washed and sprayed hair. Some people only use conditioner on their lenght and some people use it both on the scalp and length so do whatever you prefer it will not make a difference.
- Wait 3-5 minutes before washing your hair off with water. It will wash off both the conditioner and the apple cider vingear concentration.
- Do not worry, the salad-dressing smell will wear off really soon.
- You can do it once a week for normal and twice a week for acute dandruff problem.
- Because like i said before, dandruff is caused germs like yeast. It can also be caused to due altered chemical balance of your scalp. If the production of oil or sebum is disturbed it can also lead to dandruff. Apple cider vinegar is a natural acid which will restore the ph balance of your scapl. Thus will eliminate all the problems that are causing the dandruff in the first place.
- It is also free of any commercial cleansing and anti-bacterial agents not to mention all the chemicals, perfume and preservative used in anti-dandruff shampoo.
- It will also make your hair really shiny, you can totally skip the conditioner later if you want. in fact a lot of naturalist uses apple cider vinegar as a natural conditioner alternative.
Thanks for reading...Let me know if you have any question regarding this tips.